Looking for a little more protein with your vegetables? Let’s add some lean meat. Pork LOIN chops are leaner than skinless chicken thighs. (Surprised me, too!)
So, I don’t think you can beat fresh corn while it’s in season; you’ll see a lot of it here. And roasted or grilled? YUM!
Grill your corn while you grill your chops, saving time. Or pan-sear the chops while the corn is roasting in the oven at 375 degrees (spray ears with Pam!).
For two people, you will need:
- 2 pork loin chops, bone-in or out!
- 1 green tomato
- 1 large yellow peach (yes, it’s a surprise!), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- fresh corn kernels cut from 2 roasted or grilled ears
- a bit of red bell pepper is nice here, too (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBL. olive oil
- 1 TBL freshly chopped parsley
- 2 TBL. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
As mentioned above, prepare your chops and corn. While they’re cooking, chop the tomato and toss it together with the peaches, oil, parsley, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Cut the kernels from the ears of corn when cool enough to handle. Add the kernels to the tomato-peach mixture.
Plate your chops and serve with the corn relish on one side. A pretty plate and full of healthy goodness!
‘Til next time…CHEERS!!!