Hey, how are you doing with your pre- and probiotics? I’m finding it challenging–in a good way. Trying to find recipes to make for my clients that give them the same benefits I want in my meals is a bit of work sometimes. But I’m feeling and looking better, and my clients love their food!!
(I think you call that a win-win?)
Today’s offering is full of everything good, including protein, pickling probiotics from the olives, and lots of other just plain good veggies!
For a salad for two people you will need:
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets-separate them into small flowers so they go further
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and sliced
- about 12 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 Tbl. crumbled feta cheese
And for the dressing (super!):
- 2 Tbl. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 Tbl. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 Tbl. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning (rub it between your fingers to release the oils)
- 1/8 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- a good shake of red pepper flakes
—>> Whisk together ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
Combine chickpeas, vegetables, and olives in a large bowl. Toss to coat with the dressing. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight, tossing occasionally. Garnish each serving with the feta cheese.