With Father’s Day this Sunday, maybe you would like a delicious and QUICK salad for that important man in your life!! (Or eat it yourself! haha!)
For 4 people, you will need:
- 4 cups of watermelon, cut into bite-size cubes
- 4 cups of cucumber, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10-12 basil or mint leaves, or a combo of both, stacked, rolled into a “cigar”, and sliced
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar, dark or white
- a sprinkle of salt
- a few good turns of freshly ground pepper (pepper is amazing on melon and fruit!!)
Arrange cut veggies and feta, along with a little salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss them lightly and add basil/mint. Drizzle balsamic over all –maybe you will need as much as two TBL.
It’s done!! Quick, right? Enjoy it, so fresh and cool!
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to my father and husband and son! Good men are hard to find!